班兰威风蛋糕 Pandan Chiffon Cake
This is a simple and nice recipe pandan chiffon cake which using ‘tang-mian’ (烫面） method and it fit into a 16cm chiffon cake mould. If you would like to use a bigger cake mould you can always double up the ingredients.
- Corn oil 30g
- Milk 20g
- Pandan extract juice 15g (I’m using homemade pandan extract juice)
- Egg yolk 2
- Whole egg 30g (Approx. 1/2 grade A egg)
- Low protein/ superfine flour 40g
- Egg white 2
- Coaster sugar 35g
- Add corn oil, milk & pandan juice in a bowl. Mix well and bring all to boil til warm.
- Add in egg yolk & whole egg into Step 1 then follow by low protein flour immediately. Mix well and put aside. (This is the tang-mian step)
- Preheat oven at 160 degree.
- Whisk the egg whites at high speed add in the sugarin between in 2 times. Whisk til soft peak.
- Add 1/3 of the egg white into the egg yolk paste and fold evenly. Then add the remaining egg white into the mixing bowl, fold and combine well.
- Pour all the batter into the cake mould and bake it at 160 degree for 30 minutes or until fully cook.
The cake need to be refrigerated and consume it within 3-4 days. You can always replace the pandan juice into pumpkin paste or orange juice to make a difference flavor of chiffon cake. This small chiffon cake also can be decorated with some chocolate.